The Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center (NAEC) is the flagship of the American Airpower Heritage Museum (AAHM) an affiliate of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF). The CAF created the American Airpower Heritage Group (The Group) on November 20, 1990, as part of a reorganization of the corporate structure of the CAF. The five entities which comprise The Group are:
- The Commemorative Air Force Headquarters
- The American Airpower Heritage Museum, Inc.
- Commemorative Air Force – Units and Supporting Foundations
- The American Airpower Heritage Foundation, Inc.
- The American Airpower Heritage Flying Museum, Inc.
A. The Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center
All members of the Group are commonly controlled, however members separately file their information reports with the Internal Revenue Service. For this reason the audited financials of The Group are combined, whereas, the AAHM files it’s own separate 990 annually.